I realize that it may seem strange that I refer people to other doulas. Being that I only take 2-3 births per month, I often find that I may be booked a few months in advance and that I may not always be available. I also encourage families to interview various doulas so that they may find someone that they feel most comfortable with. The time of birth is an incredibly intimate one for a family and it is encouraged that all who are in attendance are people that enable the family to feel confident, empowered, and at ease. It is understandable that parents seek a doula that has an incredible amount of knowledge and years of experience, but also keep in mind that it is just as important that you are able to find a doula that you have chemistry with and to hire the doula that best suites your personality and lifestyle.
- *Lori Ismail CLD - Early Advantage Birthing Naturally: Partner Supported Childbirth Educator, Group and Private Childbirth Prep Classes, Birth Doula and Lactation Counselor
- Caren Hespeler, CD(DONA) - Heart Work Los Gatos, Ca Phone: (408) 655-4523
- Christine Vermeersch CD(HH), CLE - Healing Hands Doula San Jose, Ca. Phone: (408) 912-6299
- Heather Ward, CD (DONA), PD, CCE, CLE - BirthLore
- Lou Wickramasinghertz - Birth Coach Doula Boulder Creek, Ca Phone: (612) 750-8837
- Patricia Madden, CD (DONA) - San Jose, Ca. Phone: (408) 978-2587 email@example.com
- Tracie Lynch, CHt, PES, CD, HBCE - Phone: (408) 674-1502