Join new and expectant parents to learn about the benefits of birth and postpartum doula services.
- Receive an overview of what doulas do
- Learn the benefits of doula services
- Understand how dads/partners and doulas work together
- Discover how to find the right doula for you
Birth and postpartum doulas will be available to answer your questions.
Time will also be provided for parents to meet individual doulas in brief ‘get acquainted’ interviews.
Eleven studies* show the benefits of working with a birth or postpartum doula include:
- Shorter labor lengths
- Reduction in Requests for epidural
- Decreased use of forceps or vacuum
- Increased confidence in husband or partner
- Reduction in cesarean rates
- Higher breastfeeding success rates
- More opportunity to spend time bonding with baby
- Easier transition into parenthood
“If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.”
~ Dr. John H. Kennell, pediatrician, author and ‘father’ of the modern doula movement
Locations and Dates: $15.00-$29.00 fee
Blossom Birth Services290 California Ave
Palo Alto Ca 94306 (650) 321-2326 www.blossombirth.org Pregnancy 101 Click here for dates: 6:30pm-8:30pm Fee $29.00 South Bay Homebirth Collective 967 W Hedding St Ste 110
San Jose, Ca. 95126
Meets on the 1st Sunday of the month: 10:00am-12:00pm Fee $15.00 Tiny Tots 138 Railway Ave Campbell, Ca 95008
Meets on the 3rd Saturday of the month: 3:30pm-5:30pm Fee $15.00 Harmony Birth Resources 621 E. Campbell Avenue, Suite 14
Campbell CA 95008
The Doula Spotlight
Meets on the 3rd Saturday of the month: 11:45am-1:15pm
BABI (Bay Area Birth Information), Blossom Birth Services, and South Bay Homebirth Collective, offer Meet the Doulas as a community service and do not endorse any particular doula.
For summary study details, go here: http://www.dona.org/PDF/BDPositionPaper.pdf