Join new and expectant parents to learn about the benefits of birth and postpartum doula services.
- Receive an overview of what doulas do
- Learn the benefits of doula services
- Understand how dads/partners and doulas work together
- Discover how to find the right doula for you
Birth and postpartum doulas will be available to answer your questions.
Time will also be provided for parents to meet individual doulas in brief ‘get acquainted’ interviews.
Doulas working in the Greater South Bay Area and Peninsula will be on hand to answer your questions, offer personalized referrals, and represent some of the wonderful variety of personalities, ages, backgrounds, and skills you can find in a birth or postpartum doula. Time is also provided for parents to meet individual doulas in brief “get acquainted” interviews.
Eleven studies* show the benefits of working with a birth or postpartum doula include:
- Shorter labor lengths
- Reduction in Requests for epidural
- Decreased use of forceps or vacuum
- Increased confidence in husband or partner
- Reduction in cesarean rates
- Higher breastfeeding success rates
- More opportunity to spend time bonding with baby
- Easier transition into parenthood
“If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.”
~ Dr. John H. Kennell, pediatrician, author and ‘father’ of the modern doula movement
Location and Dates: $15.00 suggested donation per couple
- Blossom Birth Services - 505 Barron Ave Palo Alto Ca 94306 Phone: (650) 321-2326 Classes, resources, and support groups, Pregnancy 101 (see website for dates 6:30pm-8:30pm)
- South Bay Homebirth Collective - 967 W Hedding St Ste 110 San Jose, Ca. 95126 MTD: 1st Saturday of the month: 10:00-12:00pm
- Tiny Tots Diaper Service & Baby Boutique - 138 Railway Ave. Campbell, Ca. 95008 Phone: (408) 866-2900 MTD: 3rd Saturday of the month: 3:00pm-5:00pm